Saturday 11 January 2014

If I Were A Rich Wo(Man): Cracking Crockery

Lovely Tableware Sets to Get Your Mouth Watering


There's something about January that makes me want to nest and clean the house. It's probably the stereotypical new year new start thing; it makes me do a massive clean out in January. The only problem is that I then get a huge urge to buy all new homeware.

Last week I was dreaming about new bedding, this week I've been looking at tableware sets.

I'm spectacularly broke this month so I won't be purchasing any of this lovely crockery, but I can still wish.


The Blue Set





Blue hand painted ceramic plate by David Pantling


There's something so classic about blue and white, in all sorts of homewares, not just dining. I like the delicacy of the design of the Blue Hand-Painted Ceramic set by David Pantling from Iapetus, especially when contrasted with the chunkiness of the pottery.

This teapot is amazing, very Alice in Wonderland.

Blue hand painted ceramic teapot by David Pantling


I feel this is a mug I could have a proper cup of tea in.

Blue hand painted ceramic mug by David Pantling

Unfortunately the mug alone is £19.95.

Pieces priced from £12.50


The Ethnic Set


The Wanderer ethnic table set


The Wanderer crockery collection from Creative Tops is inspired by travel and Far Eastern markets. I like that the dinner set is full of colour and you can mix and match pieces instead of having all the same shades and pattern. It's very eclectic.

The Wanderer ethnic tea cup

The set isn't available until February 2014. The pieces are actually quite reasonably priced, but I'd want to buy them all, which would definitely set me back.

Pieces priced from £4.99


The Luxury Set


Butterfly Home Range by Matthew Williamson peacock teapot

The Butterfly Home Range by Matthew Williamson from Debenhams includes a lovely peacock tea set. Including a teapot, cake stand, cups, saucers and more, the collection has a vintage feel and is colourful but muted.

Butterfly Home Range by Matthew Williamson peacock cakestand


The tableware range also has a slight Oriental look, with the peacocks and the detailing.

Butterfly Home Range by Matthew Williamson peacock tea cup


Pieces priced from £22.50.


The Cartoon Set


Moomin Jug


The Moomins, who doesn't love them? The classic cartoon is iconic and easily identifiable. Cloudberry Living has a fun range of Arabia Moomin Adventure tableware which I would love to have in my kitchen.

Moomin Plate

I like the limited use of colour; it highlights the main black and white images.

Pieces priced from £16.


That's all folks.





No comments:

Post a Comment