Wednesday 26 June 2013

Tattoo Trends: Finger Lickin' Good

Image via www.thezooom.com

Finger tattoos were once just the staple of sailors and bikers, especially knuckle tattoos, which were a simple way of expressing your outlook on life, as long as it was eight letters.

Image via www.tvtropes.org

Image via www.thedearsurprise.com

But now the finger is an ever popular place for a permanent mark, especially among young starlets such as Rihanna and Cara Delevingne, I must admit I do like her lion tattoo, such a lot of detail in a small area.

Image via www.pinterest.com

Image via www.adropofink.net

In my last couple of tattoo posts I haven't really been very nice about the designs. But, there are some really wonderful finger tattoos out there so I'll post some of my favourites for you.

These skulls put a twist on a tried and tested classic tattoo style.

Image via www.indulgy.com


A lot of thought went into this elephant finger tattoo, not sure I'd want to get it myself but it certainly is clever.

Image via www.slodive.com

The Lightsaber finger tattoo is getting copied a lot, but it is still a good one. Plus you can have finger fights with your friends whilst making sound effects.

Image via www.memecenter.com

I know it sounds pretentious, but the beauty of this twig tattoo is in its simplicity.

Image via 1337tattoos.tumblr.com

These finger tattoos just deserve some kind of prize, possibly for most random group of characters in one place.

Image via www.pinterest.com

Of course, there are a lot of bad finger tattoos out there. The poor finger has become another place for unoriginal tattoos for girls, namely hearts, stars, love and that blessed infinity sign. I won't put photos up because you all know what they look like, if you don't then just google a picture of Miley Cyrus.

That's all folks.
I will start posting some book and film reviews soon but for the mean time just enjoy the tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment